A chance to win a pair of LUX passes for the True/False Film Festival in Columbia, MO on May 5th-9th. By donating $5.00 to support The Center Project, will give you one chance to win. The winner will be selected at random on April 7th at midnight.
Each Pass Includes:
- Admission for one person to festival films and concerts from Wednesday through Sunday
- Ability to reserve tickets online 48 hours before Simple passholders
- Ability to reserve tickets to ticketed events, like the Flick-nic, @CTION, Campfire Stories, Gimme Truth, Waffles with Wilson, and Buskers Last Stand, while supply lasts (some events also provide a selection of complimentary beverages)
- Admission to any film without a ticket on a space-available basis
- Member pricing at all Ragtag outdoor screenings through 2021
True/False offers a heightened long weekend of creative placemaking in which filmmakers, artists, musicians and others remake the mid-sized college town of Columbia, Missouri, into a one-of-a-kind utopia. The transformative, rambunctious, ecstatic experience of T/F creates a cathartic journey that invites participants to do nothing less than to re-imagine reality.
Creative placemaking means the festival develops the talents and focuses the energy of the region. We seek out the most creative, energetic people and then give them the tools to transform the downtown core of Columbia, both indoors and out. When the festival remakes ordinary spaces into magical, temporary spots, it inspires attendees and townies. T/F showcases downtown Columbia and its potential.
This is an extraordinarily vital time for nonfiction filmmaking as an artistic form. Our goal is to forge a supportive, celebratory refuge for filmmakers and amplify the possibilities of creative nonfiction. True/False exists in a permeable, in-between land – bounded by fiction and nonfiction, but also bridging cultures and disciplines. Within that space, we encourage an atmosphere of innovation and excitement, free of the heat and stress of the market. Herein are the ingredients for a revolutionary new alloy, the future of an urgent art.